This policy outlines the basic mindset that Our Inc. as well as its Group companies (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) have with respect to the protection and handling of personal information obtained through business activities.
- When handling personal information, the Company will comply with the items set forth by relevant law such as the Personal Information Protection Act, as well as this policy.
- The Company will acquire personal information by lawful and fair means.
- The Company will utilize personal information upon making clear the purpose of utilization, and will only use the personal information within the scope of the purpose.
- The Company will not provide acquired personal information to a third party, except in cases in which the consent of the person is given or the provision is based on legal provisions.
- The Company will appropriately manage personal information in order to secure its accuracy, and will also take reasonable safety measures in order to prevent leakage, loss, damage, etc. of personal information.
- The Company will manage personal information appropriately and take reasonable safety measures when personal information is utilized jointly with Group companies or business partners within the scope of its purpose of utilization or if personal information handling is outsourced.
- The Company will announce the procedures regarding inquiries and requests for disclosure of personal information that the Company possesses, and will respond promptly and sincerely to such requests.
- In order to implement the aforementioned policy items, the Company will assign an individual responsible for the management of personal information.
- The Company will continuously revise and improve its personal information management system and structure in order to effectively protect personal information in accordance with future changes in laws or circumstances.
Notice on the information obtained from the Internet site concerning Non-USA residents
- Information Collected
Information Collected Automatically
- Purposes of Use of Collected Information
We uses information other than Personal Information you provide for the purpose of fulfillment of your requests and improvement of the Sites and materials contained thereon and for any other purposes which we deem reasonable and necessary. Shimano may, from time to time, produce reports for advertisers, sponsors, Group Companies and vendors containing anonymous, aggregate information about our users and customers, such as demographic, age and online usage information. This information allows Shimano to provide content and offers that are most relevant to our users to work more closely with advertisers. We do not include any Personal Information of our users in these reports.
- Sharing of Collected Information
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
(1) Joint Users of Personal Information
(2) Shared Personal Data
Your name, address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, occupation and e-mail address.
(3) Purposes of Use of Shared Information
Personal information is shared to enable joint users to supply specific information requested by customers, undertake surveys or competitions, etc., manage orders for products and services, display or send custom, personalized content to our users and send newsletters, mail, e-mails, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates, information or offers to our users.
(4) Manager of Shared Personal Information
Sharing of Information Not Containing Personal Information
we shares anonymous, aggregate demographic information, and anonymous information obtained from cookies and similar technologies, with each of our distributors, our sponsors, promotional and business partners, and participating vendors. No Personal Information, such as credit card information, is disclosed to any of these third parties in sharing such anonymous information.
- Supply of Information to Customers
We may extend e-mail offers to users or customers on behalf of our business partners about a particular product or service that may be of interest to you without sharing your name or e-mail address with or disclosing your name or e-mail address to those business partners, Of course, you may opt out of receiving these offers at any time.
Sometimes we will give you the opportunity to opt in to receive e-mail offers from third parties not affiliated with us. If you decide to accept these offers, we will provide, upon your consent, your contact information to the third party. We urge you to review carefully the privacy policies of these firms. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of any third party.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information, personal or otherwise, online in any community area, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat, forums, bulletin boards or message boards, or if you post Personal Information online (such as your e-mail address), you may receive unsolicited messages from others. We have no control over this use of your Personal Information.
- Credit Card Companies
In the event that you choose to transact using a credit card, We will supply to your credit card company all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, purchase date, total cost and other information necessary to process the transaction. We will not otherwise provide any Personal Information to your credit card company without your permission.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent; provided, however, that We reserve the right to use or disclose to a third party any information without a customer’s consent in the following circumstances:
- (i) If it is requested by any laws and regulations;
- (ii) If We deem it necessary for protection and security of human life, body, or assets (including the Sites);
- (iii) If We deem it particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or enrichment of children’s welfare;
- (iv) If We deem it particularly necessary for cooperation with a governmental body or other public organization or its designee in discharging its duties pursuant to the laws and regulations (including investigating a breach of laws), or otherwise deems it particularly necessary for the public interest;
- (v) If We outsource the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for its business operation.